Monday, November 24, 2008

Queen Youtube is out of control--literally, as Joe Biden would say. A well-known blogger in the US received this letter from Queen Youtube's office in Amman, Jordan. She allowed me to cite it in full (but she does not want her name mentioned):
Nina M. [rhc.jo]
Sent: Monday, November 24, 2008 9:36 AM
Subject: Blog, Queen Rania and some laughs
Dear ...,
Greetings from the Office of Her Majesty Queen Rania Al Abdullah. I hope this finds you in good health and that you don't mind me contacting you so randomly. Someone alerted me to your blog...and I thought this might interest you and your readers. Being as connected to 2.0 life as you are, most of you probably already know that on Saturday YouTube hosted its first ever live streaming event. It was a pretty cool variety show, and one of my favorite parts was when they awarded Queen Rania the first ever YouTube Visionary Award because of her dedication to breaking down stereotypes. The Queen accepted the award via taped message, in a very non-traditional format. I thought you might like to be amongst the first to see this, so here's the link -Enjoy! All my best, Nina
"